Engage in the advancement of quantum research
Introducing an opportunity to participate in quantum research excellence at the University of Waterloo.
The Quantum Graduate Visitor Program matches theorists and experimentalists from around the world with a University of Waterloo faculty member. This is a unique opportunity for Masters and PhD students to participate in research that aligns with IQC faculty or a TQT project that matches your interests.
This program is committed to supporting equitable, diverse and inclusive participation of individuals from the four designated groups: women, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples and members of visible minorities. Learn more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
TQT is made possible thanks in part to a grant from the Canada First Research Excellence Fund . This partnership provides funding for qualified individuals who are interested in visiting the University of Waterloo.
– Visit duration of 120 days or less
– Participants will be reimbursed for living expenses in the form of a living allowance or travel expense reimbursement
– Participants will work under the supervision of a University of Waterloo faculty for the duration of the visit
– Graduate student at the Master’s or Doctorate level, not currently affiliated with the University of Waterloo, enrolled in graduate studies at another domestic or international institution
– Non-Canadian residents must be eligible to enter Canada as determined by Immigration and Citizenship Canada
2. Complete the application form. Allow for two months processing time prior to your proposed start date.
3. Wait to hear from us. Applications will be reviewed and assessed on an ongoing basis
Note: Graduate students wishing to visit the University of Waterloo to work towards the completion of their degree requirements at their home institution must apply through the University of Waterloo International Visiting Graduate Student or Exchange Student program.
Questions? Contact Us!