Redefine What’s Possible
Join in the discovery of new ideas and applications for quantum devices.
Delivering on the Quantum Promise
The TQT program at the University of Waterloo aims to advance the use of quantum mechanics from laboratory curiosity to an impactful device. TQT builds upon the world-renowned strengths of the Institute for Quantum Computing and brings together quantum researchers across campus and beyond to accelerate quantum research excellence.
Quantum mechanics enables efficiencies and correlations that are not possible in the classical world. With quantum technology, we can:
– Achieve orders of magnitude improvements in sensitivity, selectivity or resource efficiency
– Communicate more securely, enable more efficient sensing and provide a new model for computation through quantum correlation
The power of quantum allows you to realize a dramatic step-function transformation.
We Deliver Quantum Technologies
Advancing our understanding and control of quantum technologies requires a new innovation cycle that brings quantum engineering to materials growth and device physics. TQT has created a unique Quantum Innovation Cycle to drive development towards impactful quantum devices. Around the cycle, the Institute for Quantum Computing and TQT are world leaders.
You may engage in the Quantum Innovation Cycle through a range of programs – from Early Adopter to Quantum Alliance (QA). Early Adopters are among the first to test the transformative potential of quantum for their organization by presenting impactful problems, setting targets for technology development and providing feedback. QA connects industry and other stakeholders as partners in a consortium, pooling resources and knowledge to facilitate the undertaking of strategic initiatives not otherwise possible.
Together we can deliver insights across the Quantum Innovation Cycle, accelerating the path towards impactful quantum technologies.
Phases of the Quantum Innovation Cycle
– Materials Growth: Quantum materials are uniquely engineered to preserve quantum information.
– Materials Characterization: Characterizing quantum materials requires a quantum method to probe the delicate quantum signatures.
– Device Fabrication: Unique requirements – including compatibility of materials, maintenance of clean interfaces and control of multiple length scales – must be top of mind when fabricating devices.
– Device Testing: Testing requires novel control methods and specific environments to suppress unwanted noise.
– Quantum Applications: The applications for quantum technologies span a diverse range of sectors, from mining to medicine.
The innovation cycle begins again when a quantum processor is used to simulate a new material, fabrication step or control process. The innovation cycle has only been completed recently. With each turn of the cycle, we are accelerating the development and delivery of quantum technologies.
The discovery process has just begun.
Quantum allows us to solve problems and create products that would be otherwise impossible. It will broadly impact every industry and sector. Where will quantum technology transform your business, process or tool?
|Areas of Application|
|Research and Education||
|Information and Communications Technology||
|Defense and Mobility||
Ready to Explore?
Quantum technologies are changing industries in exciting ways. TQT invites you to explore your ideas alongside world-leading quantum experts in a setting that is uniquely positioned to deliver impactful quantum technologies.
– Learn about our suite of engagement programs, from Early Adopter to Quantum Alliance
– Explore the Quantum Nano Fabrication and Characterization Facility, a shared facility open to academics and industry
Connect with us to find out how you can take advantage of quantum technologies.